Sunday, January 20, 2013

Les Misérables (2012 Film)


"It is either Valjean or Javert."

Dear Entertainment Diary,

I don't know how to begin this post because as to this moment, I'm still filled with emotions brought by watching this musical drama, Les Misérables.

Honestly speaking, I cannot remember some parts of this story although we already tackled and studied it in school and so I took this moment to freshen it up in my mind and I still can't believe that I made one of the best decisions in my life! To tell you the truth, I had some troubles downloading the film for it was to big (well, for me) to download as it is 2.3 gb but I took some chances no matter what and then after 2 days of noncontinuous downloading, it's already in my laptop! Heck yeah! This is the largest file size I ave ever downloaded in the history of my laptop to date. And now, my hard drive was down its availability to 5 gb! LOL.

Moving on to the film...

It is great! I'm so happy I decided to watch the film. The 2 and a half hours of watching it were so well spent. Emotions were all over me while watching it, tears were shed, goosebumps were amazingly felt and some lessons sank in into my mind!





The casts were all so good that I even sang to some of the songs I know in the film. Thanks to the subtitles that I also downloaded! Hugh, Russel, Anne, Amanda, Samantha, Eddie, and all of the actors and actresses all did their jobs very well. Emotions were perfectly executed. The scenes, the songs, the choreography, everything, were perfectly shown!

I can't believe that with just 2 hours and a half, the people behind this movie gave and showed us the important details we all need to know.

I wasn't actually expecting for a full length musical film when I heard about this adaptation. I was looking forward for movie musicals like High School Musical where there were like many dialogues then the singing and dancing parts were inserted in the middle of the scenes. But Alas! Even though this film was almost purely musically made, about 98% musical and 2% talking dialogues, I still loved it and the emotions were more felt. It's like I'm really watching a stage play! I just hoped I watch this is 3D. :/

No wonder this film already has so many nominations and winnings/awards including Golden Globes and Academy Awards and I hope they win, especially Anne for Best Supporting Actress and Hug for Best Actor!

What turned me off is that I thought Amanda was going to have a huge exposure in this film for the young Cosette was the one in the theatrical poster. I thought the story would revolve around her but still, it revolves to Jean and Javert. How about a cat and mouse chase, eh?




Anne Hathaway was just so good at acting while singing especially in the part of I dreamed A Dream. I can feel her hurting and hoping. Samantha Barks also stole the scene in her version of On My Own. her performance was unarguably promising. But what really mesmerized me was Hugh Jackman and Rusell Crowe. Both main casts were so good, especially in singing and acting!

To sum it all up, I enjoyed every part of the film including the saddest parts where the characters died but what a heavenly feeling I felt where the dead characters all sing together in the end!

About the film: (from wikipedia.org)
The film tells the story of Jean Valjean, an ex-convict who becomes mayor of a town in France. Soon exposed, Valjean agrees to take care of Cosette, the illegitimate daughter of the dying Fantine, but as a fugitive must also avoid being captured again by police inspector Javert. The plot spans 17 years and is set against a backdrop of political turmoil, which in the film culminates in the June Rebellion of France.

Cast:

Hugh Jackman - Jean Valjean
Russell Crowe - Javert
Anne Hathaway - Fantine
Amanda Seyfried - Cosette
Eddie Redmayne - Marius Pontmercy
Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen as the Thénardiers, two swindling innkeepers.
Samantha Barks - Éponine
Aaron Tveit - Enjolras
George Blagden - Grantaire
Killian Donnelly - Combeferre
Fra Fee - Courfeyrac
Alistair Brammer - Jean Prouvaire
Gabriel Vick - Feuilly
Hugh Skinner - Joly
Iwan Lewis - Bahorel
Stuart Neal - Lesgles


The credits for the images go to their owners. I don't own any of it.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international voip calls