Friday, December 20, 2013

Pure Heroine ( 2013 Lorde Album)



Dear Entertainment Diary,

There's this new artist that is taking up on the music scene just recently who can write, sing, and make incredibly addictive music.  Her name is Lorde and I think she's one of the most talented individual out there when it comes to music.

I feel ashamed as to how I cannot update my blog these past few months due to internet loss and I regret on not having posts in here about Miley's recent album, Bangerz. I mean I waited for it but when it was released, I cannot post about it although I'm still listening to it and damn, her songs are great.

Moving on, I'm here to post about Lorde's album in which I am currently listening to. Pure Heroine is probably one of the albums that I cannot forget to listen to everyday. I just love how addicting the songs are and as I'm typing this, Glory and Gore is playing inside my HEAD!

I knew about Lorde when I heard her debut single, Royals, a song that contains simple words and simple instrumentals that includes different types of vocals/secondary voices. I'm talking about "Baby I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule".



The song is just genius. It was, I'm not sure at the moment if it still is, at the #1 Billboard Hot 100. The last time I checked, it spent 9 weeks on being #1. Well, it was well-deserved. The song is pretty addictive, very simple, and very nice to sing.


Then another song, Tennis Court. My favorite lines of this song were, "Baby be the class clown, and I'll be beuty queen in tears. It's a new art form showing people how little we care."
I love how she can write such words and turn it to songs to express what she really wants to say. What really are the things running through her head.

400 Lux is one of my favorite songs actually. Her voice is like mixing vulnerability and strength that when combined, it's like listening to her speaking/telling a story when she was singing. It's like she's restraining her voice to be husky but it was so powerful, she released it great. The song for me, is liking same things and not wanting change to interfere so everything will stay the same. "I like this roads where the houses won't change." "We're never done with killing time, got a lot to not do, let me kill it with you."

Ribs and Buzzcut Season were also great songs but I think Ribs overpowered Buzzcut Season just a little. It's because I fell in love with its lyrics:


You're the only friend I need (you're the only friend I need)
Sharing beds like little kids (sharing beds like little kids)
We'll laugh until our ribs get tough (we'll laugh until our ribs get tough)
But that will never be enough (but that will never be enough).



While Buzzcut Season, I think is about news. Haha.  Well she described the lyrics trying to remain "in blissful ignorance to the crumbling world trying to permeate through news broadcasts." Thanks WIKI.

Team and Glory and Gore are actually the two of the top five songs that I certainly love in the album. The other three are Royals, 400 Lux, and Tennis Court. (In order).

Team is my most favorite because of its meaning, mainly the words in its chorus. I love how she really likes living in her city, which is not that famous, but the people living there are all united and in each other's Team. I also love how she grew tired of hearing "Put your hands up in the air" in so many songs. You see what I'm talking about? She really writes what she actually wants to say, no matter how small it is, she can make it huge. Enormous. Gigantic.


She actually just released her music video of Team, in which she said was inspired by a dream she had where the world is being ruled by a guy with acne on his face, I think? That's what I remembered from what she wrote on her facebook. Correct me if I'm wrong.  :)

Glory and Gore reminds me of The Hunger Games. I think it suits to be its theme song. But, I think what I see in this song is like, how she wants to dominate the music industry, where someone's gotta go, meaning she'll replace that someone and they are gonna win. I love how she pictured death as loosing. My favorite lines were

"We gladiate but I guess we're really fighting ourselves.
Roughing up our minds so we're ready when the kill time comes"

She really knows what she's talking about.

Speaking of the Hunger Games, it's sequel Catching Fire, she also sang one of the theme songs in its album, Everybody Wants To Rule The World, which she gave her own style and rendition.

Still Sane, White Teeth Teens, and A World Alone are probably the 3 least favorite songs of mine in her album. Maybe because they're found in the last part of the album. Although I love Still Sane's lyrics. It's telling us how she cannot do her usual teenage things right now cause it's all work all day but she's telling us that she's not succumbing to the power of fame and will be still sane until the end, I think.

So that's it. That's what I think about Lorde's simple but geniusly well-witten and addictive album. I'm actually listening to it everyday and till now, I'm still hungry for more. There's the Extended Edition of her album but I haven't got a copy of it yet. So, let's support this very talented girl! I actually love how she performs live with her unique hand gestures and facial expressions but what the heck? She's still Lorde. :)

Images courtesy of wikipedia.org
(c) Universal Music

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international voip calls