Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Grimm (mmmmmmm)

Grimm's Intertitle

Woohoo!!! I have a new post for today and it is about a TV show. Actually, this show isn't new and it is currently on its second season and airing in NBC since October 28, 2011, it just so happens that I am so bored at waiting for Pretty Little Liars episode every week and I feel the urge of downloading and watching another show. It just so happens that I came across a forum and saw the synopsis about this show. (I'm using that "it just so happens" thing a lot).

Grimm, if you asked me to describe it simply, is a crime, police, and supernatural drama with a very interesting twist. If you noticed the series's title, Grimm, is the surname of the brothers who wrote a collection of folk and fairy tales basically for children, "THE GRIMMS' FAIRY TALES". Who can't remember these stories? I mean, Disney keeps on reminding us these tales and also this Grimm brothers were the one who molded our fantasies and dreams during our childhood.

When I read the title "GRIMM", the thing that popped inside my mind were "oh my gosh, this series probably is scary as hell" (to the tune of a blonde girl), but then I read that it is a police drama set in the present future but having a twist of including the characters of Grimms' fairy tales and found myself being interested in the series.



Synopsis from Wikipedia:

Homicide Detective Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli) of the Portland Police Bureau learns he is descended from a line of "guardians" known as "Grimms," charged with keeping balance between humanity and the mythological creatures (called "Wesen"; however use of Germanic pronunciation renders it sounding like "Vessin") of the world. Throughout the episodes, he must battle against an assortment of dangerous creatures, with help from his friend Monroe (who is a reformed creature), and his partner Detective Hank Griffin (Russell Hornsby).

So I downloaded the Pilot episode yesterday but I didn't have the time to watch it so after watching 4 Detective Conan episodes this morning (episodes 373-376), I watched it. I've got to say I love the element of surprise and songs used in the first episode. The pilot started with a girl wearing a red sweatshirt with hoodies jogging in the woods, listening to her ipod playing the song "Sweet Dreams" (ahhhhh, nostalgic, and I was actually dancing, SRSLY), and then the element of surprise happened. Someone, or thing, just jumped out of nowhere and killed the girl. And I just want to pinpoint that watching it from my phone with my headphones on and the volume is in 100 percent may kill me. UGH!. I was dancing then just got surprised, startled, shocked, and scared to death. That actually what hooked me up, I love these kinds of surprises. Plus, as the Pilot episode continues, I discovered that the series also uses comical dialogues which are okay and delivered well, I guess?

What just bugs me is that I was hoping that the series took place in the past like 90's or way more back because the fairy tales' characters are based in the 18-1900th but since it clicked, well, why not. I just downloaded the second episode on my phone and I was hoping it is as good as the pilot episode. I know, I'm soooo late at watching this series but hey, no channel is airing GRIMM in the Philippines or in our cable. UGH! Again, UGH! I repeat, UGHHHHHHH!


Hope I will enjoy watching this show as I enjoy watching Pretty Little Liars! :) Watch it too if you haven't watched it yet. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts about the show :D

Btw, have you noticed my new blog's background? LOVE IT? 




The copyright for the images and other contents used should go to their respective owners.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international voip calls