Saturday, December 01, 2012

ATM (2012 Horror/Thriller Film)


Dear Entertainment Diary,

At last, there's another post I'm gonna published that's about a movie. It's been weeks since the last time I watched a film I downloaded or streamed on my laptop and this film, ATM, got my attention, so, to vanquish my boredom, I watched it.

I learned about this film probably last July and primarily watched it because of Josh Peck (Drake and Josh). It was released last April 6, 2012 but poorly did in the box office and received negative reviews from critics and the public as well.

Plot:
After leaving their company Christmas Party together, David Hargrove and Emily Brandt's impromptu first date takes an unexpected turn when their coworker, Corey, asks them to make a late-night stop at an ATM. What should be a routine transaction turns into a desperate struggle for survival when an unknown man appears outside the vestibule. With the wintry temperatures dipping below freezing, and the morning sunrise still hours away, they have no choice but to play the man's deadly game of cat-and-mouse. -- (C) IFC
As I said earlier, I watched this film mainly to erase boredom but as we (yes, my aunt and brother were with me) were watching this, we only got more bored than before. My aunt and brother actually left and didn't even bother to finish the film so I was the only one who patiently watched the whole movie.

Well, the first 20 minutes are kinda boring. I did 2 yawns to prove that. But the film gave me excitement when the 3 reached the ATM booth and the first murder occurred but to my dismay, all through out the film, it's just so boring and not that thrilling at all.




As I see it, this film is like a cat and mice chase where the mice stayed in the hole to be protected from the cat but little did they know that the cat lured them to go and trap them inside. The killer actually planned everything all along, studied the whole place including all the CCTV cams and their ranges.

For me, this film lacks thrills, horrifying scenes, and even gory stuff so they can't blame us viewers if we got hell bored. The script isn't that good either, Sorry. :/

What more can I say? Uhm... The only thing that scare me is that I kind of agree to the fact that the events in this film can actually happen in real life. I was imagining like I was one of the main characters in the story, I mean, like What? Will I be alive? Will I make it through until the end? Ha! I hope so. Well, I hope it won't happen to me.

What I actually hate the most is that I didn't see the real perpetrator's face! I also hate that he got away with his crimes and blame the poor innocent helpless man just like how he planned it from the first place. I just hate how factual that policemen were being manipulated by a man with a  very intelligent mind! And I wonder, does this film proves that not all things being caught by CCTV cams are all true? I mean, what if cases like this one keep on happening? Can we trust everything we see in the CCTV cam? CCTV's still have blind spot and like weaknesses such as its range, right?

Well, I guess that's all I need to say for now. Oh! And I like to have a parka coat too. I find it cool to wear even though it's not snowing or that cold here in our country. :D


You can watch the whole film here:



Cast: (from wiki)
Alice Eve as Emily
Josh Peck as Corey
Brian Geraghty as David
Steve Nagribianko as BGP
Aaron Hughes as Patrolman
Will Woytowich as Sargent
Omar R.Khan as Christian


I don't own the copyrights for the images and video used so they should still go to their respective owners.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international voip calls