Tuesday, October 16, 2012

State of Grace by Taylor Swift

(c) Big Machine Records
We fall in love 'til it hurts or bleeds or fades in time.

HA! I'm so excited for this one. The first song in the track list from Tay-tay's album, Red, has just been released and I've got to say that this 4th promotional single/5th song released from the album is just creatively and musically heartwarming.

The title itself is very fitted for the song, very gracefully composed, written, and sang. What can I say? Taylor really is the one. When it comes to song-writing, especially about love, she's the ruler.

According to Taylor, the song is :
“about when you first fall in love with someone, the possibilities and, you know, kind of thinking about the different ways that it could go. It’s a really big sound, to me, this sounds like the feeling of falling in love in an epic way.”
I like many parts from the song including the "oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-whoa harmonies during the second part of the chorus" which is currently stuck in my head as I was writing this post. Lyrics are also epically well written. "We fall in love 'til it hurts or bleeds or fades in time" "Love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right." "You're my Achilles heel". Oh my Glob, very touchy and soul-moving.

Lyrically, she explained it using catchy metaphors, just like Red, which make us realize the she really is right about those kind of stuffs. The song contains of poppy upbeat drums and guitar tunes. What I like more about this song is that even though it's kind of rock-ish and contains uptempo beats and all that rocker stuff,  I still can feel the emotions that Taylor wants us to feel and hear. It's like I'm in a very windy and grassy place above the cliff, just twirling and feeling the winds through me. Another scene is just like I'm walking in a beach, thinking and fantasizing about the love I just found while touching the salty water using my feet. The feelings I feel while  listening to John Mayer's Heartbreak Warfare and Taylor's Eyes Open. It's just the right song for being in love, explaining every possibilities that may happen, negatively or positively.

The tune also reminds me of the songs way back from the 80's and I've got to say I'm loving the feelings it's giving me. Come on, pour down on me! This is probably one of the best songs from the album and I so can't wait to hear all the remaining songs, especially now that she already released 5 of them and there are no any others that will be promotionally released.

I know Taylor is pacing on a very rocky and pop-ish pace, only leaving a bit of country styles in her tunes and songs, but for me, she nailed it and she leaves the people wanting more from her. This girl is so damn good and you all know that I'm right. 

I know this is early to say because I haven't heard all the songs from her album, Red, which will be out on October 22, 2012, yet, but by hearing 5 of the songs from it, only Begin Again sounds very similar from her previous album. Probably because Speak Now contains songs with very playful lyrics and musics which mainly consist of country styles while Red signifies a changed and mature Taylor, upbeat and pop songs, and  has lesser country styles. I love Speak Now very much but let's see what is better though I've gotta say that I'm loving the five songs now especially Red. :D I'm also excited about the codes she's gonna give in the lyrics to give hints who or what the song is all about. I hope she'll do the decoding thing again. :)




Lyrics (from directlyrics.com):

I'm walking fast through the traffic lights
Busy streets and busy lives
And all we know is touch and go
We are alone with our changing minds
We fall in love 'til it hurts or bleeds or fades in time

And I never saw you coming
And I'll never be the same

You come around and the armor falls
Pierce the room like a cannon ball
Now all we know is don't let go
We are in love just you and me
Up in your room and our slates are clean
Just twin fire signs, four blue eyes
So you were never a saint and I love that the shades are wrong
We learn to live with the pain mostly our broken hearts
But this love is brave and wild

And I never saw you coming
And I'll never be the same
This is a state of grace
This is the worthwhile fight
Love is a ruthless game
Unless you play it good and right
These are the hands of faith
You're my Achilles heel
This is the golden age of something good and right and real

And I never saw you coming
And I'll never be the same
And I never saw you coming
And I'll never be the same
This is a state of grace
This is the worthwhile fight
Love is a ruthless game
Unless you play it good and right

The copyright for the image used goes to the rightful owner.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international voip calls