Friday, October 05, 2012

The Incite Mill - 7 Day Death Game (Japanese Film)



I was looking for a good Asian horror film to watch and as I was browsing, I saw a film entitled The Incite Mill and found out that Tatsuya Fujiwara, the guy from Battle Royale films and Death Note Live Action Films, is included as a cast. I immediately looked it up in asian wiki and read the plot.

PLOT: (from asianwiki.com)
"Ten people gather together at a complex named “Ankikan” after hearing of a short term job paying 112,000 Yen ($1,236 USD) per hour. The ten people are informed that they will be monitored 24 hours a day for 7 days straight in a psychological experiment. They are then sent to individual rooms with a different weapon located in each room. Once they are locked in they learn the rules of the psychological experiment. 1.) Each person must return to their room by 10 PM. 2.) At the end of 7 days or when there are only two surviving members left alive the experiment will end. The next day a person is found shot to death. Now, what looked like a dream job will turn into a nightmare ..."

I'm telling you this film is one hell of a thriller and startled me three times. The only thing I dislike about the film is that the term of events and some scenes didn't knock me out. Some scenes and twists  are very disappointingly expected. Or is it just me probably because I watch Detective Conan and some mystery films, tv series and stuff as well as reading some detective novels and make this things very usually expected? By watching the beginning of the film, I already knew who the planted character in the game or the experiment is. I knew who killed who (not all, though), and who are faking their deaths, but I've got to say that this film also contains turnarounds which makes me like it a lot and make me more excitingly thrilled. 

This is another Battle Royale themed film, which makes it as the 4th media I have watched with the same element. This reminds me of future diary where everyone must kill to survive. The giving of weapons remind me of Battle Royale where the students were also given to protect themselves, useful or not, tho.  They are also being telecast just like in The Hunger Games and in Battle Royale.

The death scenes aren't that gory unlike other films which let us see disgusting stuff to make our hairs raise. The actors are great too, very convincing portrayal, for me. I read that this is based on the 2007 novel with the same name. This is also a mystery/detective thriller which contains mystery novels by famous writers such as Agatha Cristie and more.

If you're into detective movies and thriller and stuff, I highly recommend this film to watch. I think it will at least keep you guessing until the end though I told you already some things about it.

I also found out that the US remake of Batte Royale isn't gonna happen anymore because of the release of The Hunger Games. The producers will just feel that they will copy the "Games" which is sad because we know that Battle Royale was released first... :/ SAD because it is one of the greatest films ever made.

Cast: (from asianwiki)


Tatsuya Fujiwara - Yuki Satoshihisa
Haruka Ayase - Shoko Suwamei  
Satomi Ishihara - Biyoru Sekimizu  
Tsuyoshi Abe - Takehiro Osako  
Shinji Takeda - Sousuke Iwai
Aya Hirayama - Wakana Tachibana  
Masanori Ishii - Munehiro Nishino  
Takuro Ohno - Setsuzin Maki  
Nagisa Katahira - Sawako Fuchi  
Kinya Kitaoji - Yoshi Ando



Images source:



0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international voip calls