Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Partners (2012 TV Series)



Earlier this August, I have heard of a new show that's going to be airing in late-September entitled, Partners. I've read about it in wiki and since Pretty Little Liars is still in hiatus, I thought to myself to give it a try and watch when it's already airing in US. It's currently airing in the US and probably in some other countries.

But, I forgot about it. LOL. I just remembered about it the other night and totally freaked out when I learned that it already aired 2 episodes so I didn't waste any time and downloaded it. 

The story:
The show is about the lives of 2 lifelong friends, Joe and Louis, who are also partners in their own architectural firm. They've been friends ever since they were kids, has a very special relationship between them, and already planned future things together way ahead of time, but their friendship or what we call "partnership" is tested when Joe got a girlfriend, Ali, who becomes his fiance, and Louis got his latest boyfriend, Wyatt. So basically, the show contains 4 main characters who are inside three relationships/partnerships. Joe and Ali, Louis and Wyatt, and Joe and Loius. :) 

According to wiki, the show has been met with mixed to negative reviews and have a collective score of 39/100 from Metacritic. But for me, it's actually hilarious and a very awesome show. I actually enjoyed watching the first 2 episodes and nearly died laughing because of their very comical acting and dialogues. The second episode is very hilarious especially the parts where the characters can't look in the eye to tell the truth. I was laughing so hard and very loud. HAHA! 

The four main actors are all good especially Michael Urie who slays me whenever he's in the scene. He is very endlessly comically entertaining in every way. Sophia Bush and David Krumholtz are also doing fine but what amazed me is Brandon Routh. I didn't know that he's a comedian. His character on the show is gay, the current boyfriend/living partner of Louis, but I don't think he's very convincing as gay, probably because his looks is very manly, beefy, and dreamy, unlike Michael Urie who is openly gay in real life. Who knows, Brandon will be good on acting gay as the show progresses. He's still good tho. All of them are good including the recurring characters. One of the factors I actually consider on watching this show is because of Brandon.

I'm going to watch this show from now on. Imma gonna watch every single episode of it because the first two episodes already slayed me, what more in the next episodes? I hope the show will last long, with many seasons, with many many viewers, with more funny episodes. Right now, I'm damn ready to watch its third episode and I hope it's funny as hell. :D

Cast: (from wikipedia.com)
David Krumholtz as Joe
Michael Urie as Louis
Sophia Bush as Ali, Joe's fiancée
Brandon Routh as Wyatt, Louis' boyfriend
Tracy Vilar as Ro-Ro
Molly Shannon as Cassandra











Images sources:
Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Photo: Smallz + Raskind/Warner Bros. ©2012 Warner Bros. Television All Rights Reserved
Photo: Matt Hoyle/CBS © 2012 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The copyrights for the images used still go to their respective owners.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international voip calls